Appetizers have long been around to satisfy us at parties and on different occasions, but what if what we need is a good and healthy kind of appetizer for a change? Here’s a vegetarian appetizers recipe you don’t want to be left out on.
It may sound too much on the vegetable side, but this delicious treat is sure to make your day. It also has mozzarella cheese, and that’s bound to make it more of an appetizing treat.
What You Need
• 2 Eggs
• 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
• 1 teaspoon of Salt
• 1 Onion
• 1 pack or 10 ounces of Spinach
• 1 cup of Fat Free Milk
• 1 pack or 8 ounces of Mozzarella Cheese
• 1/2 cup of All-purpose Flour
• 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
• Baking Tray
• A Big Bowl
How to Make Them
1. Begin by preparing the ingredients, chop and rinse the onion and spinach, set both aside and melt the butter. Don’t forget to shed the mozzarella cheese.
2. Now prepare the baking tray by greasing it up (don’t use your freshly prepared butter for this).
3. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
4. Put chopped spinach in the saucepan and add water to cover the chopped ingredient. Boil contents then simmer for about 2 minutes or till spinach is cooked.
5. Set spinach aset for a while and pour the flour, baking powder and salt in the big bowl, mix contents. Now add milk, butter and eggs in it while stirring.
6. Get cooked spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese, and chopped onions and mix into the big bowl.
7. Pour the bowl’s contents into your greased baking tray and bake for half an hour. Cool down and your Spinach Crunch Delight is now ready to be served!
How is this Appetizer Healthy?
Spinach is considered one of the healthiest vegetables around; they’re filled with protein, iron, manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. There are also vital vitamins in them, such as vitamins A and C. Their ideal as an everyday snack, because this vegetable has little calorie in them and no fat.
This healthy vegetable can also prevent diseases because of its high antioxidant content, which can clear our body of dangerous toxins. Spinach is also known to prevent cancer when eaten regularly, to name a few, it can prevent skin, breast and stomach cancer. The magnesium in it can even help in regulating blood pressure.
What’s more exciting about this recipe is that you can substitute some of its ingredients to make your kind of Crunch Delight. So not only is it delicious and healthy, but they’re also easy to make. You can make up to 20 servings and have them up and ready for less than an hour.
You also get the total advantage of being able to control the number of ingredients in it, which you want to be there and which don’t want. This is convenient especially if you have a medical condition.